Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Welcome to Zambales!

After months of dreaming and saving up money for the trip and scouring google for blog entries and asking those who have been there before and looking at the pictures on instagram and facebook and hunting for that discounted Metrodeal trip to Zambales, you are finally going. Oh, so exciting! But, what the %@#*! Where am I going to start? Which places are the best to visit? And where the F are those nice big pictures so I can have an idea of what I've saved up for?

So that's the point of this blog: to share the experience of going to Zambales and the beautiful places it has to offer. To, maybe, share the sights, smells, and sounds of Zambales. I'm saying maybe because I am not a writer, per se, but an amateur traveler soaking in everything that a place offers my senses and trying to shape them in words that somebody else might understand. I don't have a knack for words, I just have the impetus to share what I have experienced in my travels. What to see in Zambales? We are famous for the sweetest mangoes, the Subic Naval Base (now SBMA), Ocean Adventure, Magaul Bird Park, Potipot and Magalawa Islands, Anawangin and Nagsasa Coves, Camara and Capones Islands, DFarm Resort, and a host of other attractions you would love to see and experience.

I'm looking at Zambales at the point of view of a traveler and an insider. I was born in Zambales and grew up there. All the beautiful places it has to offer I took for granted every day of my teenage life. But now, having traveled to some other places in the Philippines, I acquired a fresh look at what my home province has to offer. In a sense, I have a unique viewpoint as I am standing from two points of view. I hope this will make my entries to this spot more interesting that the usual run-of-the-mill traveler spots.

So thank you for coming and visit this blog once in a while for new entries. You might come away with a little knowledge before you dive into my home called Zambales.

0 comments:

Post a Comment